Like an advent calendar, here are 25 USUK fics featuring Christmas stories. If you want to be good, you can read one per day. Or you can just read them all now like delicious bites of candy.
World War II Stories
- Bless ‘Em All (by RobinRocks) – Six amazingly well-written and beautiful stories based on WWII songs.
- Let the Bells Never Toll for You (by General Kitty Girl) – America goes to find England during the Blitz to make sure he’s okay.
- Home for Christmas (by worldaccordingtofangirls) – “Arthur thinks he senses the flavor of the orange lingering on his lips, and despite knowing that he is probably only imagining it, he decides that it tastes of peace and quiet and Christmas at long last.”
Kissing under the Mistletoe
- Cold December Night (by Car) – “All England wanted was one kiss from America… What England wanted, he got.” Features everyone-else-can-see-it USUK, England getting drunk off of eggnog, and romantic kisses.
- Merry Christmas and Good Riddance (by bubbleteadesu) – “Arthur is forced to spend a day inside with his annoying roommate, Alfred, because of an unexpected snowstorm.” Features a high school setting and teenage boys not acting like teenage boys.
- My Favourite Christmas Tradition (by PoisonousTiger) – Alfred and Arthur share a number of Christmas traditions together (including mistletoe). Features colony!America and slight USUK.
- Merry Christmas! (by XPyromaniacxDestinyX) – England is lonely. America makes him feel better with a little kiss.
Retelling of “A Christmas Carol”
- A Christmas Carol (by cgal120) – England is visited by three ghosts who convince him to be less of a scrooge.
- The Advent Calendar (by Iggycat) “America decides to give England an advent calendar full of reasons why he loves him. Slowly Arthur counts down the days left until Christmas.”
- England’s Quest For the Perfect Gift (by bubbleteadesu) England looks for the perfect Christmas gift for America. Turns out, America knows exactly what he wants for Christmas.
- A Gift That Keeps on Giving (by HelleBoreHunt) – Sealand and England go to stay with America for Christmas. America gives Sealand a very special present.
- Peace on Earth (by Demand Truth) – “Theirs is an eternity of Christmases… together and in love on all those lovely holiday nights, both snowy and sometimes even a little silent.”
- Mints (by SanteeLegs) – America gives terrible Christmas gifts. Except for when he doesn’t.
- Merry Christmas Darling (by orangepencils) – America gives England a scrapbook of old Christmas pictures.
- White Christmas (by DnKS-giRLs) – America makes it snow in London for Christmas.
- The Perfect Gift (by White Mizerable) – The gift is England. In a box. Wearing nothing but a bow. Just as smutty as it sounds. (The world needs more Christmas USUK smut!)
- Christmas Tree (by bobness) – America and England put up a Christmas tree. Americat takes down the Christmas tree.
- Christmas Time in the City (by KyosBeads13) – America and England watch the lighting of the Rockefeller Christmas tree in New York City.
America visits England
- The Perils of Unexpected Visitors (by saramon) – America goes to visit England and the unresolved sexual tension is unbearable. Don’t worry, it gets resolved in the end :)
- Mission: Saving Santa (by Jime–chan) – “When Arthur Kirkland decided to bake some Christmas cookies, Alfred knew that it was up to him to save Santa from a certain death.”
- Here We Come A Caroling (by sephydark) – England gets annoyed with America’s loud music, but then decides to make it up to him.
Snow and Blizzards
- Snow Flavored Kisses (by bubbleteadesu) – Alfred and Arthur are both stranded at the airport on Christmas Eve.
- Sledding (by Optimistically-Hopeless) – America and England go sledding. America: “I had no idea! If I had known, I wouldn’t have—well, okay, that’s a complete lie, but I’m sorry!”
- In the Season of Hope (by Haru–shira–kun) – America is jealous of Prussia and Denmark’s friendship with England. Yep, this one features the fail brothers trio.
- Misunderstood Christmas Traditions (by yamishun) – France kisses England under the mistletoe and America gets jealous.
- Fireworks on Christmas Eve (by mklnay) – France kisses America under the mistletoe and England gets jealous.
P.S. You know what I love about this fandom? I easily found 150 USUK stories set at Christmas time. I culled it down to 25 (actually 26, I’m counting the last two as one story) based on my own tastes, but here are a dozen more that seemed moderately well-written (even if England is too uke for my tastes or the dialogue is unrealistic):
Additional Christmas Stories
- Snowed In (by Kitty Faerie) – A snow storm traps America and England at America’s house while England suffers from a fever.
- Stille Nacht (by WhiteCrow10) – America sends England on a scavenger hunt.
- Past Tense, Present Tense (by velted) – Alfred and Arthur hang out together for Christmas.
- Christmas Cheer (by Mintwafflez) – Arthur makes friends with Alfred and gives him a Christmas gift.
- White Vow (by TheNumberOneHero) – Alfred proposes to Arthur on Christmas.
- Not Rain But Snow (by Haru-shira-kun) – Alfred and Matthew bet on whether Arthur will kiss Alfred. They both win.
- Under the Mistletoe (by America’s Nantucket) – Yeah, more kissing under the mistletoe.
- Guilt of Christmas Past (by Diane Long) – England exorcises America’s ghosts. A little unclear on the Christmas connection, but whatev.
- To Give Your Heart (by Kitty Faerie) – America and England exchange gifts in the car.
- Public Intoxication (by Gemini Star01) – “It’s Christmas Eve, and Officer Jones is supposed to be off-duty; however, he gets a call he can’t refuse and winds up having a much-needed talk with an old friend.”
- The Twelve Days of Tortuga (by froyozensight) – Arthur doesn’t know how to deal with the holiday season and his boyfriend’s crazy antics.
- Victory or Death (by Silent Nacht) – America thinks crossing the Delaware is a good Christmas present for England.
- A Christmas Gift From France (by Forbidden Ghost) – France gives England a blow-up doll that looks like America.
- Christmas Surprise (by faithandflowers) – England goes to visit America for Christmas. Instant love confession.
P.P.S. Okay, there are actually 40 stories.